One of the greatest compliments you can give to Justin Robert’s Lullaby is that it sounds just like a Justin Roberts album. Which is to say, the lyrics will break your heart with their poignancy and the music will make you celebrate that there are such exceptional artists making songs for children these days. What better way to drift off to sleep than with a song about a protective polar bear (”No, I won’t hibernate away in my lair if I hear you calling out for your polar bear”) or a counting-sheep song with beautifully dreamy images (”Picture this, a night sky/ green field, moon high/ soft breeze pure love/ bare feet, stars above”)? Other favorites include ”No matter how far,” which is as tender a love song as I’ve heard (no surprise it’s dedicated to Robert’s wife Chris) and ”A Wild One,” an homage to Where the Wild Things Are. The only problem with this collection is that if your kid has any taste, he or she won’t want to go to sleep until the very last note. A
EW's Special Coverage
Justin Roberts' sweet sweet 'Lullaby'
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 675
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 523
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 456
- Slaves to Love 506
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 386
Top 5 Most Read
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!