There are children’s books that we, as parents, suffer through reading night after night. (I would gladly never revisit the ridiculous fairies Glimmer, Shimmer, and Shyne that one of my daughters wants to hear about the second the sun goes down.) And then there are the books that have so much wit, soul, and joy that we, as parents, might just keep reading even after our little ones have drifted into dreamland. Tim Egan is a writer and illustrator whose books fall squarely into that latter category. This week, Dodsworth in Tokyo, the latest installment in his series about a former pawn shop owner and his companion duck traveling around the world, comes out. So we called Egan at home to find out about our favorite mouse. If indeed that’s what he is. READ FULL STORY
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Dodsworth in Tokyo (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist