If you need yet another reason to like Jennifer Garner, we’ve got one. On the Feb. 4 episode of PBS KIDS’ Martha Speaks (check local listings), she does a guest voice as a woman whose dog, also named Martha, gets mistaken for titular talking canine Martha, who is due to sing at an animal rescue fundraiser. Watch our exclusive clip below and appreciate Garner’s level of commitment. “Pull yourself together, Jennifer. Pull yourself together.” We need to know how this ends! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jennifer Garner (1-2 of 2)
The Odd Life of Timothy Green, the latest live action movie from the House of Mouse, has a lot of the characteristics you’d expect from a family Disney film – uplifting, cute, with a little heartbreak and a few messages fit in there by the end. But it also touches on, even centers on, subjects not often broached in kid-friendly flicks: couples who aren’t able to conceive their own children, and parents – good parents, not the evil stepmother – who make lots of parenting mistakes.
The movie, which hits theaters Wednesday, Aug. 15, tells the story of Cindy and Jim Green (Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton), a couple who receives the tough news from their doctor that biological children are not in their future. In a final attempt to accept their fate and move on, the Greens dream up their child (“Our kid would rock!” “Our kid would be honest to a fault.”), writing all these attributes on pieces of notebook paper, then placing them in a box they bury in their garden. And as things happen in magic-tinged Disney movies, a child sprouts from the garden that night, 10-year-old-appearing Timothy (C.J. Adams).
Some parents may be wary of a film that gets so close to the topic of conception, but it’s easy enough to make appropriate for kids. At the movie’s Monday premiere in Hollywood, Lin Manuel-Miranda, who plays a botanist in the Greens’ small town, told EW, “I think it’s really well-handled,” attributing the “heightened, fable form” in which the story is told.
Garner has played a woman unable to have her own children before, memorably as the adoptive mother of a pregnant teen’s child in 2007’s Juno. Since then, she’s given birth to two more kids (she’s the mother of three with husband Ben Affleck) but has had many encounters that prepared her to play another woman trying to start a family. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'We're Not Friends'
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Scandal'; 'Reign'; 'Gracepoint' recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 17 GIFs that keep on giving
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Zach Galifianakis gets a little too real with Brad Pitt on 'Between Two Ferns'