Twilight‘s Kristen Stewart, One Direction, The Hunger Games, Selena Gomez, Victorious, and Katy Perry were all winners at last night’s Kids’ Choice Awards on Nickelodeon. But that’s not why you were watching, was it? When it comes to the KCA, it’s all about the slime. We were promised a Slime Dunk, a Mega-Slime, and more — and Nick, along with host Josh Duhamel in an array of silly costumes, mostly delivered. EW.com social media goddess Nika Vagner and I Vine-capped the whole affair on EW’s Twitter. Below we present, uninterrupted, all the squishy, icky, green-and-gooey goodness. (UPDATE: Check out the full winner’s list.)
Tag: Josh Duhamel (1-3 of 3)
The kids were out in full force Saturday evening at USC’s Galen Center for the 26th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards. On the red carpet, dozens of kids in color coordinated neon pink and yellow outfits waited patiently for their favorite stars to arrive, screamingly wildly for their favorites, including Kristen Stewart, Miranda Cosgrove, Selena Gomez, and Katy Perry. On the famous Orange Carpet, Gabby Douglas told EW that she’s excited to start her acting career. “I’m doing a couple of cameos. Just getting my feet wet. Perhaps after my gymnastics career, I’m going to start trying for some acting roles,” Douglas said, wearing a very grown up Donna Karan dress. And that out of all the people she knows, the Olympic gold medal-winner told EW that she’d want to see Nick Cannon get slimed — and boy did her wish come true.
The Josh Duhamel-hosted show was a slime filled romp, and nobody was safe. Even Neil Patrick Harris’ magic skills couldn’t keep himself and Sandra Bullock from getting doused with the famous green goo. As for the winners, The Hunger Games may have won for best movie and book, but Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence couldn’t beat out Kristen Stewart, who took away the Favorite Female Buttkicker Award (beating Oscar-winner Anne Hathaway too) and Favorite Movie Actress.
Check out the full list of winners below:
Josh Duhamel is not taking his Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards hosting duties lightly — it’s not all fun and slime.
“I’ve never done anything like this before, so I’m a little nervous. I’m trying not to think about the fact that I’m going to be compared to Jack Black and Will Smith and all these guys who I’ve always admired,” Duhamel told EW. “But then again, they hired me for me, so I’m just going to be me.”
The 26th Annual Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards will air Saturday at 8 p.m. ET, and promises to be another fun romp with celebrity guests including Steve Carell, Kristin Wiig, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Pine, Sandra Bullock, and Neil Patrick Harris, and performances by Christina Aguilera, Ke$ha, and Pitbull. Over 326 million votes have been cast to date. Josh Duhamel sat down with EW to talk about the show, who he’s most excited to meet, and his plans for fatherhood.
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- 'SNL' 'Second Chance Theatre': Ask Jason Sudeikis About Juggling Lessons
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' guys make excellent company for a rooftop chat
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- 'Awkward.' season finale: Your take on 'Sprang Break, Part 2'?
- 'Faking It' season finale: Who got 'Busted'?
- Meghan Trainor's all about Thanksgiving Carols for Jimmy Kimmel
Top 5 Most Read
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Watch Hugh Jackman pull a Johnny Depp in the trailer for 'Pan'
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8