You won’t get to see live-action versions of Guardians of the Galaxy and The Avengers until August and May 2015, respectively — but fans of Marvel’s Avengers Assemble can catch both groups of superheros in Sunday’s episode, “Guardians and Space Knights.” Just how do they all come into contact? Here’s Marvel’s official description: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Marvel's Avengers Assemble (1-5 of 5)
Marvel’s animated Avengers get even more muscle in the feature-length film Marvel’s Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher, which unites Thor, Iron Man, and their pals with the two titular supers — voiced, respectively, by Dexter‘s Jennifer Carpenter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3‘s Brian Bloom. We’ve got a first look at the trailer for this direct-to-DVD release below. Warning: Dramatic music and astounding feats of heroism ahead.
'Marvel's Avengers Assemble': Jeph Loeb on bringing the super team to the small screen -- EXCLUSIVE CLIP
It’ll be two long years before Marvel’s live-action Avengers reunite at multiplexes around the world. Thankfully, diehard comic fans, casual film-watchers, and everyone in between can get their fill of Iron-Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, and Black Widow — along with Falcon, a new addition to the team — each week in Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, an animated series that premieres officially on Disney XD Sunday, July 7. (An hour-long sneak peek at the cartoon already aired Sunday, May 26.)
Avengers Assemble replaces The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, a previous series that aired from 2010 to 2012. “I think the best way of saying it is that there is a continuity, but as in publishing — when a new team takes over for a book — it doesn’t necessarily have to work off those storylines that have come before it,” explains executive producer Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television.
In tone and feel, though, Assemble has less to do with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes — and more to do with Joss Whedon’s big-screen Avengers, which grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide. READ FULL STORY
Didn’t get your fill of superheroes with Iron Man 3 this past weekend? You’re in luck — or at least, your kid is.
Disney XD has a special one-hour preview of Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, airing Sunday, May 26 at 11 a.m. ET. The show officially premieres Sunday, July 7 at 11 a.m. ET as part of the “Marvel Universe” block on the channel.
In the first part of the special preview, Captain America is apparently destroyed by Red Skull, so Iron Man re-unites the team to try and avenge his friend and stop Red Skull’s army. In the second part, Red Skull steals Tony Stark’s armor, and the Avengers must galvanize the team to stop him and M.O.D.O.K. from destroying New York City. Marvel’s Avengers Assemble stars Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) as Iron Man, Fred Tatasciore (Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness) reprising his role as Hulk, Roger Craig Smith (Wreck-It Ralph) as Captain America, Travis Willingham (Shelf Life) as Thor, Troy Baker (Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man) as Hawkeye, Laura Bailey (The Super Hero Squad Show) as Black Widow and Bumper Robinson (The Game) as Falcon.
Assemble, Marvel fans — Disney XD has just announced the premiere dates for two new comic-inspired series.
Both Avengers Assemble and Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. will debut this summer, the first on Sunday, July 7 and the second on Sunday, Aug. 11. Additionally, Disney XD will give viewers a special one-hour sneak peek at Avengers on Sunday, May 26. All of these showings will occur at 11 a.m. ET.
Each series features a cast of beloved heroes and villains from Marvel’s comics, as well as a few new characters just to keep things interesting. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi gunning for Axons and Cybermen?
- Dick Smith: Remembering a movie makeup effects legend
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-4
- 'Big Brother' recap: Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Project Runway' recap: Unconventional movie night
- 'Honorable Woman': Thriller deals deftly with a complex subject
- STAHP in the name of love 966
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 376
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Other DC Comics characters we want on 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- New 'Interstellar' trailer shows off film's amazing visuals