Star Wars Rebels has unveiled its villain, the Inquisitor, at New York Comic Con. Watch it below. The animated series, which premieres in fall 2014 with a one-hour special on the Disney Channel then segues into a series on Disney XD, takes place roughly 14 years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, a time in which the Emperor’s rule is secure and the Empire is seeking to expand its power to Outer Rim territories. At the Lucasfilm panel, exec producer Dave Filoni revealed that the Inquisitor is “tasked by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi Knights.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Star Wars Rebels (1-2 of 2)
The Clone Wars are over — but the rebellion has only just begun.
Strike that: The rebellion begins next year, when Disney premieres an all-new animated Star Wars series. Star Wars Rebels, first announced in May, takes place during the 19 years that pass between Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Episode IV: A New Hope. Details are still scarce, though The Hollywood Reporter writes that David Oyelowo of Lee Daniels’ The Butler and Freddie Prinze Jr. are in talks to join its voice cast.
Check out the tantalizing teaser below.
- 'Catching Fire' tops 'Frozen' on Friday
- Miley Cyrus at Jingle Ball: Santa's twerk shop
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- Grammys 2014 nominees are...
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Grammy Nominations Concert': Your take?
- Harry Potter U.K. box set gets new art: Books news
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
Top 5 Most Read
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- 'Sound of Music' ratings soar: NBC's biggest Thursday in 4 years
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room
- 'Low Winter Sun' canceled by AMC