Last week, LEGO unveiled a full-sized X-wing starfighter straight out of the Star Wars universe. Tonight, LEGO will debut The Yoda Chronicles on Cartoon Network, a three-part animated dive back into that universe (airing throughout the year) that follows a new Sith plan to create Force-enhanced clones and Yoda’s attempts to stop them. The result continues the LEGOs/Star Wars tradition of mixing references with irreverence. It’s a style familiar to anyone who has played a LEGO video game or watched previous LEGO animated specials, such as The Empire Strikes Out. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Yoda Chronicles (1-2 of 2)
LEGO is breaking its own record: Today, the toy company unveiled a life-sized model of the Star Wars X-wing starfighter in Times Square. It’s the world’s largest LEGO model, 42 times larger than the retail set and 43 feet long, with a 44 foot-wide wingspan. It’s a project more than a year in the making, requiring 32 builders to work for some 17,000 hours in the Czech Republic. Last week, LEGO invited EW to the hangar where the model was kept, in top secrecy, for several days after being shipped by boat from Europe. “Honestly, I didn’t think we could pull it off,” says Erik Varszegi, a LEGO master builder who worked as a consultant on the project. “I mean I’ve worked on some big things before, but nothing quite like this.”
- Ryan Murphy talks 'AHS: Coven': More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor' recap: Fit to be tied
- 'American Horror Story' recap: 'The Sacred Taking'
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Arrow' react: 'The Scientist'
- Sundance: What's playing in 2014
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 687
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 373