There are children’s books that we, as parents, suffer through reading night after night. (I would gladly never revisit the ridiculous fairies Glimmer, Shimmer, and Shyne that one of my daughters wants to hear about the second the sun goes down.) And then there are the books that have so much wit, soul, and joy that we, as parents, might just keep reading even after our little ones have drifted into dreamland. Tim Egan is a writer and illustrator whose books fall squarely into that latter category. This week, Dodsworth in Tokyo, the latest installment in his series about a former pawn shop owner and his companion duck traveling around the world, comes out. So we called Egan at home to find out about our favorite mouse. If indeed that’s what he is. READ FULL STORY
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Tim Egan (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's Anatomy; 'Scandal'; more TV recaps
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Parenthood'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
Top 5 Most Read
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer