There are children’s books that we, as parents, suffer through reading night after night. (I would gladly never revisit the ridiculous fairies Glimmer, Shimmer, and Shyne that one of my daughters wants to hear about the second the sun goes down.) And then there are the books that have so much wit, soul, and joy that we, as parents, might just keep reading even after our little ones have drifted into dreamland. Tim Egan is a writer and illustrator whose books fall squarely into that latter category. This week, Dodsworth in Tokyo, the latest installment in his series about a former pawn shop owner and his companion duck traveling around the world, comes out. So we called Egan at home to find out about our favorite mouse. If indeed that’s what he is. READ FULL STORY
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Tim Egan (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Maze Runner' finds its way to $11M on Friday
- Kim Kardashian as clingy extra-terrestrial hairball on 'American Dad': First Look
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' director Shawn Levy: 'I would love to live in this movie forever'
- J.Lo and Iggy Azalea extend the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Super Smash Bros.': The best/worst thing ever to happen to Nintendo
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Castle,' more fresh TV spoilers
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Into the Woods' character names not getting Disney makeover (Updated)
- 'Once Upon a Time': Will Elsa 'Let It Go'? Or build a snowman?
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- J-Lo and Iggy continue the Summer of Butts with 'Booty' remix video