There are children’s books that we, as parents, suffer through reading night after night. (I would gladly never revisit the ridiculous fairies Glimmer, Shimmer, and Shyne that one of my daughters wants to hear about the second the sun goes down.) And then there are the books that have so much wit, soul, and joy that we, as parents, might just keep reading even after our little ones have drifted into dreamland. Tim Egan is a writer and illustrator whose books fall squarely into that latter category. This week, Dodsworth in Tokyo, the latest installment in his series about a former pawn shop owner and his companion duck traveling around the world, comes out. So we called Egan at home to find out about our favorite mouse. If indeed that’s what he is. READ FULL STORY
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Tim Egan (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- Paul Thomas Anderson's L.A. movies: Cinematic peaks nurtured in the Valley
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'White Collar' series finale: Perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist?
- 'Covert Affairs' creators on where that season 5 finale ending leaves Annie and Auggie
- Frank Grillo takes us to the gym and for a drink: Meet 'the guy you think you know from somewhere'
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; more TV recaps
- 19 TV shows we'll be checking out in 2015
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst reacts to the winner, Reed's harsh comments, and the entire season
- 'Survivor' season finale recap: The Right Person Won
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' finale: And the winner is...
- 'Game of Thrones': See Arya's radical new costume design -- exclusive