Twilight‘s Kristen Stewart, One Direction, The Hunger Games, Selena Gomez, Victorious, and Katy Perry were all winners at last night’s Kids’ Choice Awards on Nickelodeon. But that’s not why you were watching, was it? When it comes to the KCA, it’s all about the slime. We were promised a Slime Dunk, a Mega-Slime, and more — and Nick, along with host Josh Duhamel in an array of silly costumes, mostly delivered. EW.com social media goddess Nika Vagner and I Vine-capped the whole affair on EW’s Twitter. Below we present, uninterrupted, all the squishy, icky, green-and-gooey goodness. (UPDATE: Check out the full winner’s list.)
Tag: Victorious (1-3 of 3)
The kids were out in full force Saturday evening at USC’s Galen Center for the 26th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards. On the red carpet, dozens of kids in color coordinated neon pink and yellow outfits waited patiently for their favorite stars to arrive, screamingly wildly for their favorites, including Kristen Stewart, Miranda Cosgrove, Selena Gomez, and Katy Perry. On the famous Orange Carpet, Gabby Douglas told EW that she’s excited to start her acting career. “I’m doing a couple of cameos. Just getting my feet wet. Perhaps after my gymnastics career, I’m going to start trying for some acting roles,” Douglas said, wearing a very grown up Donna Karan dress. And that out of all the people she knows, the Olympic gold medal-winner told EW that she’d want to see Nick Cannon get slimed — and boy did her wish come true.
The Josh Duhamel-hosted show was a slime filled romp, and nobody was safe. Even Neil Patrick Harris’ magic skills couldn’t keep himself and Sandra Bullock from getting doused with the famous green goo. As for the winners, The Hunger Games may have won for best movie and book, but Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence couldn’t beat out Kristen Stewart, who took away the Favorite Female Buttkicker Award (beating Oscar-winner Anne Hathaway too) and Favorite Movie Actress.
Check out the full list of winners below:
Creator Dan Schneider used his blog Friday to remind fans that more episodes of the show are on the way. “There is a whole NEW season of Victorious coming,” he writes. “We just finished shooting 15 new episodes, and they’re amazing. If you love Victorious, I feel sure you will love the NEW episodes coming!
“By now, a lot of you have heard that Victorious will not be returning for a 4th season. That is true. This was the network’s decision – not mine. Please understand: Almost all Nickelodeon shows have a life of about 60 episodes. We made around 60 episodes of Drake & Josh… of Zoey 101… and we made 41 episodes of The Amanda Show… and all those shows were big hits. So, it’s not unusual for a Nick show to do a run of just 60 episodes. I would love to have made more than 60 of Victorious, but that’s how it usually goes.”
Schneider’s other, far more successful Nickelodeon show iCarly, will end its run in November. Meanwhile, the versatile producer is already focusing on two new pilots for the kiddie channel: He’s working on iCarly spinoffs for Sam Puckett (Jennette McCurdy) and Gibby Gibson (Noah Munck). Sam’s show is expected to include Cat Valentine (Ariana Grande), a character from Victorious.
Latest Videos in Family
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Daredevil': 3 stories that set the bar high for superhero comic books
- 'Big Brother': 3 Q's for Julie Chen (plus one about the Ice Bucket Challenge)
- Zach on 'Big Brother' eviction: 'I couldn't keep my frootloop dingus mouth shut'
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- Frank Miller wrote that: 13 tell-tale signs
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'