The future of edutainment is now: On Feb. 3, Nickelodeon debuts a new preschool literacy series called Wallykazam! The show, created by Emmy-winning writer Adam Petlzman (Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans) follows a troll named Wally and his pet dragon, Norville, as they make words come to life onscreen — teaching little ones skills like letter and sound identification, rhyming, vocabulary development and comprehension strategies. It’s also pretty darn cute — and as a bonus for parents, the series’ first season will also include guest turns by stars like “Weird Al” Yankovic, Seinfeld‘s John O’Hurley, and SNL‘s Vanessa Bayer.
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Wallykazam! (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology from gamemaker for glitches
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
Top 5 Most Read
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- Meet Christian Grey's family in new 'Fifty Shades' photos