The future of edutainment is now: On Feb. 3, Nickelodeon debuts a new preschool literacy series called Wallykazam! The show, created by Emmy-winning writer Adam Petlzman (Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans) follows a troll named Wally and his pet dragon, Norville, as they make words come to life onscreen — teaching little ones skills like letter and sound identification, rhyming, vocabulary development and comprehension strategies. It’s also pretty darn cute — and as a bonus for parents, the series’ first season will also include guest turns by stars like “Weird Al” Yankovic, Seinfeld‘s John O’Hurley, and SNL‘s Vanessa Bayer.
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Wallykazam! (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- 'Suits' postmortem: Creator Aaron Korsh talks Louis' showdown
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute