The future of edutainment is now: On Feb. 3, Nickelodeon debuts a new preschool literacy series called Wallykazam! The show, created by Emmy-winning writer Adam Petlzman (Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans) follows a troll named Wally and his pet dragon, Norville, as they make words come to life onscreen — teaching little ones skills like letter and sound identification, rhyming, vocabulary development and comprehension strategies. It’s also pretty darn cute — and as a bonus for parents, the series’ first season will also include guest turns by stars like “Weird Al” Yankovic, Seinfeld‘s John O’Hurley, and SNL‘s Vanessa Bayer.
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Wallykazam! (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Walking Dead' cast not tight-lipped about season 5 trailer
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
- 'New Girl' True American drinking game: The day I gave it a shot...
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Pretty Little Liars' recap: 'Scream for Me'
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelorette' blog: The finale
- 'Leftovers': Why 'Gladys' is the last straw for EW critic
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game
- 'The Walking Dead' season 5 trailer is here