The future of edutainment is now: On Feb. 3, Nickelodeon debuts a new preschool literacy series called Wallykazam! The show, created by Emmy-winning writer Adam Petlzman (Blue’s Clues, The Backyardigans) follows a troll named Wally and his pet dragon, Norville, as they make words come to life onscreen — teaching little ones skills like letter and sound identification, rhyming, vocabulary development and comprehension strategies. It’s also pretty darn cute — and as a bonus for parents, the series’ first season will also include guest turns by stars like “Weird Al” Yankovic, Seinfeld‘s John O’Hurley, and SNL‘s Vanessa Bayer.
EW's Special Coverage
Tag: Wallykazam! (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Family
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst shows off a challenge that may not make it to TV
- 'Supergirl' finds a home at CBS
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- Jennifer Love Hewitt joins the BAU in new 'Criminal Minds' art
- Billy Crystal and Jimmy Fallon swap Robin Williams stories
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw